On September 28, 2022, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit published an opinion vacating the Court’s orders granting final settlement approval and awarding fees, expenses, and incentive awards.
On November 11, 2022, the Plaintiffs and Defendant filed a Joint Renewed Motion for Final Approval of Class Action Settlement, and the Plaintiffs filed a Renewed Motion for Attorneys’ Fees, Expenses, and Service Awards.
On January 11, 2023, the Court held a hearing on the Joint Renewed Motion for Final Approval of Class Action Settlement and Plaintiffs’ Renewed Motion for Attorneys’ Fees, Expenses, and Service Awards.
On February 17, 2023, the Court entered an Order Granting Renewed Motion for Final Approval of Class Action Settlement; Granting Renewed Motion for Attorneys’ Fees, Expenses, and Service Awards. Settlement benefits cannot be distributed until after the time for appeal has expired and any possible appeals are resolved.
If you are or were a U.S. owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and/or SE device that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017, and/or a U.S. owner of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus device that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.
|October 6, 2020||—||Requests for Exclusion From the Settlement Must Be Received By This Date|
|October 6, 2020||—||Objections to the Settlement Must Be Delivered/Received By This Date|
|October 6, 2020||—||Objections to Class Counsel’s Request for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses Must Be Delivered/Received By This Date|
|October 6, 2020||—||Claim Forms Must Be Submitted Online By This Date or Received By This Date if Submitted By Mail|
|February 17, 2021|
at 1:00 p.m. PST
|—||Hearing on Plaintiffs’ Motion for Final Approval and Motion for Attorneys’ Fees, Expenses, and Service Awards via Zoom (connection instructions)|
- Under the proposed settlement, Apple will make a minimum, non-reversionary payment of $310,000,000 and a maximum payment of up to $500,000,000, depending on the number of claims submitted.
- You may be entitled to settlement benefits if you are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017, and (3) you experienced diminished performance on your device(s).
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Please read the notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT:|
SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM ONLINE OR IN THE MAIL
|The only way to get a payment under the settlement.||October 6, 2020|
|Get no payment under the settlement. This is the only option that allows you to be a part of any other lawsuit against Apple about the claims and allegations in this case.|
OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT
|Write to the Court about why you don’t like the settlement and ask to speak at the Final Hearing.|
OBJECT TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND/OR EXPENSES
|Write to the Court about why you don’t like the attorneys’ fees and/or expenses that Class Counsel requests.|
GO TO A HEARING
|Speak in Court about the fairness of the settlement.||December 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. PST via Zoom (connection instructions)|
|Get no payment under the settlement and give up your right to compensation for the claims and allegations in this case.||N/A|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still must decide whether to approve the settlement. Payments will be made if the Court approves the settlement and after any appeals are resolved. Please be patient.